Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Trails

I have been meaning to go hiking the past two years and well ...never got around to making it happen. This morning we drove up to Folsom to what we thought was the beginning of Salmon Falls, it was actually the end, so we started there!! The weather was burrrfect for starters and the boys were so excited to explore. Did I say all three of them were excited?? Aiden and Bailey were, Mais was busy exploring ideas of all of the snakes that could possibly be in the grass ready to bite anyone of us. We had a great hike out, we saw lots of horse droppings ( which amused the boys), cool houses, tons of trees, and we even saw a few people finishing up their ultra marathon. Aiden was in the lead most of our walk oblivious to all of those snakes Maisen was dreaming up. On our way back we had a bit of a scare. While observing a home right by the trail we saw the homes " family pet" which didn't seem friendly at all. In fact I saw it eyeing Aiden as he lead the way. I had Aiden come hold my hand and we decided to walk a different way, only for the dog to walk out of the fence and onto the trail. I was terrified. The dog wasn't barking it was howling. Long story short were all home safe and sound.


So funny!! It was bright


One of his favorite poses




1 comment:

  1. Yeah! That looks like so much fun. And PS--I wish I look as hot as you when I go on hikes! You look great.

    ReplyDelete